So many in fact, it seemed worth putting together a Frequently Asked Questions list, to help authors understand how it works.
1. Yes, they’re completely free.
2. Yes, they’re completely without obligation – you can take our sample chapter edits and never speak to us again if you like.
3. This is how they work. You email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your sample chapter (ideally your first chapter) as a Word document. (No, there’s no facility to upload your chapters directly on this website). We acknowledge receipt of your work, and, usually within seven days, we’ll send you back an edited version of your work (using Track Changes, so you can see what we’ve done), a “clean” version of the edit, with all the edits accepted and all the comments removed, and a critique document on the chapter. That’s it. If you don’t want to use us based on what we send you, we’ll wish you well with your writing. If you do want to use us, we talk deadlines and prices.
4. This is not a limited-time offer. Free sample chapter edits are a fundamental part of the Jefferson Franklin business model.
One free sample edit per author.
5. We do this because we’re not an average editing house. We believe no author should commit hard-earned cash to an editor without being confident they’re getting a professional service which is right for them.
So no, you have nothing to lose by sending us your sample chapter. Why wait? Email us your chapter today and find out if Jefferson Franklin is right for you.